Please review the Terms & Conditions carefully before registering.
Please check the rules box at the end of your registration to complete your application.
Some important rules to note:
• Bots must be created, and will be verified, between February 15, 2017 to April 28, 2017. Bots created before February 15, 2017 will not be eligible to participate.
• Bots must comply with all Facebook for developers Messenger Platform developer guidelines and rules, and use the Messenger Platform API.
• Bots must be created on the Facebook Messenger Platform (but entrant may use any third-party tool to create or add functionality). Bots on any other platform will not be accepted.
• Bots must be created by people in the Entrant's home region of either (i) the Middle East and North Africa or (ii) Sub-Saharan Africa.
• Bots may be in any language (or combination of languages). Only the Bot Submission must be entirely in English.
• It is optional to submit a link to an online video of the bot, but if you do, the video must be under 2 minutes long.
• Bots can be submitted by an individual, a team of up to 3 people, or as an organization.
• Technical Quality – How well does the Bot use the Messenger platform features? [35%]
• Non-Technical Quality - What is the degree of excellence of the Bot, taking into account the Bot's distinctive attributes and characteristics (except for the technical aspects)? [35%]
• User Experience – How useable is the Bot for the intended audience, including how well the conversation flows? [30%]
* NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Entries must be received no later than April 28, 2017 at 11:59:59pm UTC. In order to move forward in the contest, selected and verified finalists will be required to submit content later in the contest between May 19, 2017 and June 2, 2017 at 11:59:59 p.m. UTC. Open to Individuals, formal Organizations, and informal Groups that are organized in or legal residents of select countries in either the Middle East and North African Region or the Sub-Saharan African Region (each, a “Region”) as set forth in the full Terms & Conditions and who meet the other stated eligibility requirements in the terms. Internet access required. Void where prohibited by law. ANY AND ALL PARTICIPATION MUST COMPLY WITH THE FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS INCLUDING THE SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS. Content you submit or link to may be posted online or elsewhere by Sponsor. Finalists will be notified on or about May 16th and Winners will be notified on or about June 19th. Finalists and Winners (and each team member) will be required to sign and return documentation to Sponsor within 4 days (or other timeframe as required by Sponsor in the notification). Judges will determine the finalists and winners as fully described in the Official Rules, based on following criteria/weights: Technical quality (35%), non-technical quality (35%), and user experience (30%). ARV of each Finalist prize: USD$$40,700; ARV of each Student Entrant prize: USD$2000; ARV of each Runner Up Prize: USD$10,300; and ARV of the Grand Prize: USD$20,300. Total ARV of all prizes: up to USD$$2,745,600 if student prizes are awarded (if not, total ARV is USD$$2,625,600). Prize details may vary. Sponsor: Facebook, Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025 USA.